Re: Frogs and mysterious other/mastering

Subject: Re: Frogs and mysterious other/mastering
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Thu Aug 3, 2006 6:52 pm (PDT)
I use the WAVES L3 to master a lot of the things I have recorded with
lots of dynamic range like thunderstorms...it's a multiband compressor
so it can contain something like a thunder clap without really
changing the way the rain sounds too much.  Things maintain their
dynamic nature but are not so spread out that you have to turn the
track down to silent just to hear the thunder clap.  The L3 and its
cousins the L2 and L1 are all really invisible sounding to my ears, a
secret weapon in making some things listenable under normal
circumstances.  L3 is the only one that's multiband, so it's a little
more flexible.  Some people say the L2 sounds better, but I only have
the L3 so...

Danny

--- In  "John Hartog"