Re: Mobile Soundscape? was Re: starling vs cowbird gang fight?

Subject: Re: Mobile Soundscape? was Re: starling vs cowbird gang fight?
From: "Steve Pelikan" pelikan45224
Date: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:13 pm (PDT)
Tom ---

Sounds like a fun thing to try. My approach would be to use binaural
mics with heavy-duty foam screens
(or perhaps attached behind the ears somehow?) My understanding is that
cardioids are more sensitive to
wind than omnis, so if I had a choice (I don't) I'd start with omnis

You might get an interesting mixture of road sounds, gear sounds, other
riders talking, and you breathing. Plus passing birds, cars...

You should definitely try it!

SP