Re: unbalanced inputs to the 722

Subject: Re: unbalanced inputs to the 722
From: "Derek Holzer" derekatumaticdotnl
Date: Wed Jul 5, 2006 5:21 pm (PDT)
OK, just tested my mics on a friend's 744 and heard the same thing. It's
hard to hear over background noise, but it's present. Since it happens
with two very diferent mics on two different SD devices, it leads me to
believe that it's inherent in the design of the SD preamps. They just
don't like unbalanced and/or high impedance input. So I ask again, have
people noticed this and if so how have they dealt with it. I chose to
use two DI boxes, but this is a large, clunky solution in the field.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl