Re: new Parabolic microphone for nature recording

Subject: Re: new Parabolic microphone for nature recording
From: "Akiyo Nakamichi" akiyo_n2003
Date: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:47 am (PDT)
Hi Nature Recordists

This product"LISN" surely resembles Telinga.
A design of Telinga will be all the more good.

I tried to direct link to a sample sound source of  Michio Matsuda's
website
.

Best wishes

Akiyo Nakamichi
Japan

  http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/LISN-2.htm

A sample sound source uses PCM-M1. A recording level is four or five.
I removed a petit noise to depend on the whole. It does not process it
other
than it. A file is WAV.

Narcissus Flycatcher Ficedula narcissina
LISN and PCM-M1
Date 5 May 2006
Location  Nikkou-shi Tochigi-pref
http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/suond/LISNkibitaki.wav

Narcissus Flycatcher Ficedula narcissina
LISN and PCM-D1
Date 5 May 2006
Location Nikkou-shi Tochigi-pref
Distance to a bird is 10m.
It was recording of a considerably good condition.
http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/suond/PCM-D1kibitaki.wav

A high-pitched tone and comparison of a low tone by LISN.

Japanese Thrush Turdus cardis  and  Asian Stubtail Warbler  Urosphena
squameiceps
LISN and PCM-M1
Date 4 May 2006
Location  Nikkou-shi  Tochigi-pref
Asian Stubtail has begun to sing when I taped Japanese Thrush. Distance
is
Message: 10m.

Subject: A harmonic overtone is included too.

http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/suond/LISNyabisame.WAV

Oriental Cuckoo  Cuculus saturatus
Date  4May2006
Location  Nikkou-shi Tochigi-pref
It is known as a bird of a low voice. Distance more than 50m.
But it is monoral microphone of prototype and PCM-M1.
http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/suond/LISNtutuodori.WAV

A sound source for comparison.

Oriental Bush Warbler  Cettia diphone
I taped it at the same place. It seem to be the same individual.
Location Nikkou-shi Tochigi-pref

LISN and PCM-M1
Date  4May 2006
http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/suond/LISNuguisu.wav

PBR-330(Sony parabola reflector) , Sanken MS-7C and PCM-M1
Date  3May 2006
http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/suond/PBRuguisu.WAV

AT825 and PCM-M1
Date  3 May 2006
http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/suond/AT825uguisu.WAV

PCM-D1  built-in microphone
Date  4 May 2006
http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/suond/PCM-D1uguisu.WAV

Common Pochard  Aythya ferina
Date  21 Dec 2005
Location  Edogawa-ku Tokyo
 Duck of 100 numbers bathes and calls= a pond
http://www.birdcafe.net/syrinx-1/suond/LISNkasai206-051221.WAV

--- In  "oryoki2000" <>