Re: Haleakala, Maui (was battery sled for Sharp 722)

Subject: Re: Haleakala, Maui (was battery sled for Sharp 722)
From: "David Kuhn" dkuhn012001
Date: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:02 pm (PDT)
--- In  Dan Dugan <> wrote:

> Early August I'm going to hike and record two days in Haleakala
> National Park. >
> -Dan

Dan, I will be on Maui July 30 thru ~Aug 3 (I live on Kaua'i),
recording in Waikamoi Preserve on Haleakala--give me a call, maybe
we can get together--so rare to have a recordist to jam with out
here. I'm hoping for good weather (light trade winds) to get good
soundscape and to fill out my collection of Maui endemics voc's, to
publish a cd within a few months.

Current gear includes--

HHB Portadisc
trusty Telinga Stereo
Sound Devices MixPre
Walt-Modified SASS with MKH 20's, further modified for better wind
screen,   see  http://www.soundshawaiian.com/listeninggear.html

Let me hear from you in any case, I can send you my draft cd of Maui
forest birds--

Aloha,
David

David Kuhn