RH1 gain

Subject: RH1 gain
From: "Rob Danielson"
Date: Fri Jun 2, 2006 6:30 am (PDT)
Thanks for doing the test Andrew! Below is a link to the 8 sec wav
made from Andrew's test with the join between the 900 and RH-1 4
happening seconds in. Of course, the NT-4's self noise at 16dB is
higher than that (effectively) of the mic pre so the test is not a
critical one for noise performance but it does suggest that Sony has
used the same mic pre circuit in the RH-10 (as well as most of the
other units),

m("30_NT4%3eRH-1","//www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/HiMD/media/NT4%3enh900");=">http:=
@30.wav

I tend to lag behind on upgrades and let other folks finish up the
Beta testing, but user groups, like the HiMD Forum, will generally
have the yeah/neh after couple of months. Sony is trying to make
their software more stable and the reports are generally positive.

Andrew also confirmed the usb uploading is significantly faster. It
looks like recordists will have a great $300 recorder option.

I encourage people who get one and are pleased to take 5 minutes to
write Sony customer service and tell them what you appreciate about
the new unit and what you would like to see inthe the next model. It
would be great to be able simply drag the .wav and atrac3+ files from
a mounted HiMD disk to the desktop and convert them to 24 bit or what
ever format required.  Sony obviously heard the need for a more pro
HiMD deck. Many of the pros on our associated lists can be thanked
for speaking up.

It looks like a cool weekend for the kickappo camp out. Here's a
recording down the road a bit from Camp A last week:

http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/Rode_NT1-A_Mics/media/060522Danielso=
nClsYoteEQ&Flt.mp3

(NT1-a (mid) MT2-A (side); nt1-a eq'd to lessen high end graininess
in the first section and followed by a flat original recording in the
second sectrion). Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D =3D

--
Rob Danielson