PHC mics?

Subject: PHC mics?
From: "Bruce Wilson" bruceumba
Date: Fri Jun 9, 2006 8:03 pm (PDT)
I just saw the Prairie Home Companion movie, and was curious about the mics=

portrayed onstage. The real show uses something like SM58's and a few AKG
studio mics, but the movie showed one RCA 77 for the host, and a bunch of
other mics for the performers, and it's that mic I'm curious about.

It looked something like a Bayer M99, but with some differences. The mic wa=
about 1.5 inches in diameter, maybe 7 inches long, and used on-end. There
was a metal screen at the end, with two side panels, then a metal band, the=
two rows of slots making what looked like a short interference tube. Silver=
finish, no branding on it that I noticed. Go here:
http://www.aprairiehomecompanionmovie.com/ and look at the gallery for some=

pictures.

It's the interference tube part I'm interested in, as it appeared to be a
studio mic with a narrower pattern than cardioid.

Anyone recognize the mic, or are they fakes?

Bruce Wilson KF7K
http://science.uvsc.edu/wilson