Re: line-in recording question

Subject: Re: line-in recording question
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Fri Jun 9, 2006 6:50 pm (PDT)
We've talked about it. The line inputs on the M-audio Microtracker
tested inordinately noisy.
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-art-tech-gallery/pages/MicroTrack_NH900_722_=
IMA-QT-present.html
Others have reported the same problem with the Edirol R4 I believe.
I've not come across and explanation for the noise on the balanced
inputs,..  It used to be even -10dB RCA line inputs were immune from
significant noise. The Hi-MD line line inputs aren't noisy.  I've not
read reports on the R-9 yet. I can can hear more differences between
matched studio speakers than between the A-D in recorders I use. Rob
D.

--
Rob Danielson
Peck School of the Arts