Re: Edirol R-09

Subject: Re: Edirol R-09
From: "Antti Sakari Saario" antti_saario
Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:38 pm (PDT)
A sound artist friend of mine just bought one recently to do 'fast and
dirty' recordings and when I asked him about it just few days ago he
said that its built quality  'felt' like it was one of those toy mobile
phones - not a good start. Unfortunately he had not checked his
binaural recordings that he had done with it in a controlled
environment just yet so he did not comment on the sound quality.

Thanks,
                Antti Sakari Saario

On 20 Jun 2006, at 20:33, Curt Olson wrote:

> If the mic pre is decent, the Edirol R-09 looks to be a dandy
>  lightweight lower-cost field recorder. Any recent hands-on reports pro
>  or con?
>
>  Curt Olson

Dr Antti Sakari Saario
Lecturer and Director of Studies in Music Technology
LICA - Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts
Room A4A, Music Building, Lancaster University, LA1 4YW, UK
Tel: +44(0)1524594496 / Fax: +44(0)1524 593939