Sonograms for Mac

Subject: Sonograms for Mac
From: "vicki powys" vickipowys
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:29 pm (PDT)
I am running a Mac with OS 9.1, maybe one day I will upgrade to OS X.  I
note with dismay that my favourite sonagram software 'Audiograph' will have
no furthr upgrades to enable it to run in OS X.

So I've looked at some alternatives.  Yesterday I downloaded Amadeus II
(trial version) and it works just fine, it will run in both OS 9 and OS X.
Amadeus comes with a downloadable PDF manual and the program works easily
and intuitively.

Raven Lite will only run in OS X so I haven't been able to try that one yet.

I have just downloaded and installed Walt's favourite freeware SoundHack,
but I can't for the life of me work out how to make sonagrams from it.  I
can navigate to the wanted sound file, but when I try Hack/ Spectral
Analysis, all I get is a postage-stamp sized window with no sonagram display
whatsoever.  How do I get to see the sonagram?

Any advice would be much appreciated!  Walt?  Anyone?

Vicki Powys
Australia