Recording Locations in Ireland

Subject: Recording Locations in Ireland
From: "Volker Widmann"
Date: Tue May 23, 2006 0:32am(PDT)
Hello to you all!!

My wife and me are going be on a 2 1/2 week trip of Ireland from the
weekend on.
We'll mainly cover the East coast South of Dublin, Munster from East to
West and the West coast up to Southern Mayo
As I lived in Cork for a year I am quite familiar with the country, yet
this was before my Nature Recording days.
So if anybody knows some places with especially interesting birdlife I
would be happy about any advice.
I'd be particularily interested in woodlands (few as there are) and
wetlands (wetlands galore) and of course seabirds.
I have some ambition in capturing the calls of the Irish frog and toad
species (I know there is only one of each), but I have no idea if they
are still calling.

So thanks a million in advance and I promise to make any reasonably good
material available to the group

Volker

"Microphones are not ears,
Loudspeakers are not birds,