Re: Pearl MS8 (was Digest Number 2102

Subject: Re: Pearl MS8 (was Digest Number 2102
From: "Fernando de Izuzquiza"
Date: Tue May 23, 2006 0:30pm(PDT)
IIRC, you can order the MS8 with different sensitivities.
An MKH60 shotgun has a sens. of 40mV/Pa for instance.

...do not forget the S capsule is very sensitive to handling noise (borne n=
oise) so a very
good suspension (like Rycote) plus acoustic decoupler ("Floater", from Ambi=
ent) plus high
pass filtering (like Schoeps LC60U, 18dB/oct 60Hz) is advised in case the m=
ic wont be
static...

For high quality stereo parabola omnis you could try two DPA miniature omni=
s...

Rycote has miniature windjammers now that fits the DPA and other "lavalier"=
 mics.

Fernando