Re: power solutions

Subject: Re: power solutions
From: "Walter Knapp"
Date: Sun May 21, 2006 7:46am(PDT)
From: "John Hartog"

> After frustrations with super slow charging rates for 9v nimh
> batteries then losing a dawn chorus because they died, I decided to
> build my first battery pack =96 using 12 nimh AAs for 16v to power my
> rolls-224 phantom power.  I can't wait to test it out to see how long
> it will power my NT1As.

The Maha MH-C490F charger can charge the newer 8.4V & 9.6V Nimh
batteries in two hours. 1-4 of them at a time. Works off 110V, car
battery or I've tested it with a solar panel. There is also a 10 battery
version but it's 110V only.
http://thomas-distributing.com/maha-powerex-mh-c490f-9v-battery-charger.htm

You do need the newer batteries designed for fast charge. I use Powerex
Message: 9.
Subject: 6 volt, but there are other brands. Probably other fast chargers too.