June 2-4, 2006 Sound Recordist CampOut

Subject: June 2-4, 2006 Sound Recordist CampOut
From: "Rich Peet" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:00:19 -0000
This years campout is ON.
Theme this year is recording and relaxation with no work shops.
You are all invited.

Below you will find Robs discription and to it I will add that this is
located in the Driftless area of rural WI and therefore has many
rolling hills with limestone formations. Areas of interest are the
rivers, wetlands, agricultural lands with some being slowly returned
to the original prairie.

Timing will be a bit after prime migration of song birds but this IBA
(important bird area) will have plenty to offer with some of the
lowest levels of man made noise in WI.

Rich Peet

Hello!
On the weekend of June 2-4, 2006 assorted enthusiasts will be
gathering at the Kickapoo Valley Reserve near LaFarge, Wisconsin for a
weekend of sound recording and camping.
The Reserve proper covers about 10,000 acres. The camping sites we
have reserved are in Star
Valley where the River winds through wetlands and grasslands with lots
of wildlife.

Here's a link to a web site with most of the details.
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/RecordistCampout/
Feel free to email Rich and I with questions.

We hope you can plan to spend the weekend with us!
Best Regards,
Rob Danielson