PMD-670 flash card limits?

Subject: PMD-670 flash card limits?
From: "Allen Cobb" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:45:18 -0500
I've been assured by Bill Loulousis at D&M Professional that the
PMD-670 works happily with any size CF card, provided anything
over 2.2GB is formatted FAT32 (obviously).

After buying and returning two SanDisk 4G cards (the ones with a
tiny switch to select either of 2 2G partitions (what???) or a
single 4G partition), I found out from Bill that they never
recommend SanDisk, and prefer Lexar, PNY, Viking, Hitachi, and
IBM. So I got a 4G PNY, which works fine on my computers, and
formats correctly in my Lexar reader.

But, like the SanDisk cards, it won't format on the 670, and the
670 issues a card read error at startup. Once loaded, it sees it
as a blank card, but when you hit Record, it says (at the same
time) that it's a full card.

So I'm dead in the water with my third 4G CF card. Does anyone
have any experience with this situation? Or can anyone confirm
that 4G cards work in the 670? Perhaps my serial number (MZ 000
325 020 138) is an older model that can't handle FAT32?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ac

Allen Cobb