Re: Damaged MiniDiscs

Subject: Re: Damaged MiniDiscs
From: "Aaron Ximm" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:06:09 -0700
Hi Dominique,

I have several MDs that have been damaged. In some cases, the first 1 or 2
> tracks are unreadable, in other cases, more tracks are unreadable. All
> were
> recorded with a Portadisc. It looks like the problem is with the Table of
> Content (the Portadisc was once dropped, sent back to HHB, but not
> repaired
> -- they said they could not find anything wrong with the unit !)
>
> I am looking for a reasonably priced repair service... I have found EDL
> Data
> Recovery Service in the IK, who appear to be highly qualified. However,
> their prices are really out of my reach : they are asking for about 134$
> per
> disc, and I have about 5 disks that I really would like to recover.

I've been able to recover data for people in this situation; I own an EDL
system myself.

I'd be happy to help you recover your data if I can, write me off-line (

The system works best with stereo SP mode recordings, which I'm guessing
what is you have, but mono would be OK as well. I've never been able to mak=
much progress with LP2 and LP4 modes which AFAIK were never supported on th=
Portadisc.

 best,
  aaron

--