Re: Sony MZ-NH700 Hi-MD

Subject: Re: Sony MZ-NH700 Hi-MD
From: Curt Olson <>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:12:46 -0500
orioki wrote:

> The NH700's case is shaped to accept an AA battery internally, rather
> than the "gumstick" rechargeable found in more expensive Hi-MD
> machines.
>
> In several ways, I prefer the internal AA battery. While traveling,
> it's reassuring to know that you could find a replacement AA battery
> almost anywhere.  And for camping and expedition use, a handful of AA
> batteries will be smaller and lighter than a large external battery or
> a recharging system for the "gumstick" batteries.  I'm not fond of
> Sony's external "sidecar" AA battery holder.

I agree. The MZ-NH700/800 case is just right in this regard. Yea, it's
plastic, but it can handle some light bumping.

> Maybe one of our members from Europe or Asia who owns an NH700 will
> comment.

Or US, maybe? I liked my NH800 so much that I quick snapped up a NH700
package when minidisco first offered them a couple months back. Great
"bang for the buck" as far as I'm concerned.

Curt Olson