woodcock photos

Subject: woodcock photos
From: Marty Michener <>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:55:24 -0400
Off topic, but I put up two photos yesterday, since I was surprised a
woodcock would have 4 eggs setting already. Only now the red maple blossoms=

have just begun, here.

http://www.enjoybirds.com/HomePublishing/WildLives.htm

Monday I put her up by accident, snapped the shot of nest and eggs (1st
photo) and promptly left.
Yesterday I set up my tripod on the road itself (between car events), and
got the second photo of her on the nest.

Her head is on our left, facing us, her right eye just visible left of the=

largest branch. Her tail is to our right. Her bill slopes down and slightly=

to the right, right of the largest branch.  When you look, you'll see why I=

put all this detail in up front. I spent half of yesterday answering these=

questions on BirdChat. When I first put up the photo I myself didn't see
the bill or eye! Birders had to email me where to look in my own picture. :=
-)

With cropping, the photo was effectively like a 35 mm slide taken with a
1900 mm lens.

--  best regards,  Marty Michener
MIST Software Assoc. Inc.,  P. O. Box 269, Hollis, NH 03049
http://www.enjoybirds.com/

=93In Kof=E1n the word for medicine and poison is the same, for just as
curare-tipped darts bring death to an animal, so medicinal plants bring
death to evil spirits that cause misfortune and disease.=94  One River, by=

Wade Davis, p. 225.