samples of recordings with Telinga EM23 mics

Subject: samples of recordings with Telinga EM23 mics
From: Dan Dugan <>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 22:35:30 -0800
I've uploaded some 192K MP3s to my downloads area. The mics were
mounted in plastic canvas domes covered with long-hair fake fur and
mounted on my shoulders. They were recorded on a Sharp MD-MS722,
record level MIC L 17. The recordings have been equalized to take out
the mid-high peak that these mics have.

The first is at the 49 Palms Oasis in Joshua Tree National Park, at
dusk, March 19, 2006. Water, frogs, a rain shower on the palms
accompanied by a jet overflight. 2:13

http://www.dandugan.com/downloads/Joshua%20Tree%202%20samples/01_49_Palms_f=
rogs-rain-jet.mp3

The second is at the Indian Cove Campground, sunrise, March 20 2006.
Some birds were playing in a bush by the road, on my left. No
parabolic dish here; it's just proximity! Note how the low noise mics
enable you to hear into the distance. Strange sounds are my stomach.
2:32

http://www.dandugan.com/downloads/Joshua%20Tree%202%20samples/02_Indian_Cov=
e_sunrise.mp3

The third is just one call, I'd like to know the species. It starts
on the mourning dove frequency (500 Hz) and descends from there. 0:13

http://www.dandugan.com/downloads/Joshua%20Tree%202%20samples/03_descending=
_call.mp3

-Dan Dugan