Arctic Nat. Wildlife Ref. 2006 Soundscape Project

Subject: Arctic Nat. Wildlife Ref. 2006 Soundscape Project
From: Wild Sanctuary <>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 10:57:22 -0800
On behalf of our field team (Kevin Colver, Martyn Stewart and me) and
this project, I want to thank each and every one of you who has so
generously supported this important field effort with your donations.
What a terrific group!

While we still have some distance to go to cover basic costs and have
had to trim way back, we have enough, now, to get under way. Our
primary mission is to capture calibrated base-line data of what the
Refuge sounds like from the spring perspective at three different
sites so that future generations will be able to compare current
richness and diversity with future studies and science supportive of
this important national treasure. The data will be shared with any
interested party through several institutions that have provided
support for this effort. Among them, Harvard Institute for Music &
Brain Science, University of Utah Marriott Library, and the BioMusic
program at the University of North Carolina, Greensboro.

The team web site has been altered and updated to be more clear about
objectives and ways of making contributions if any are still
inclined. By the way, contributions are all tax-deductible when made
through the Murie Center and can be made by credit card (please be
sure to direct your donation to the "Arctic Soundscape Project" when
you call). Details can be found at:
http://www.wildsanctuary.com/research.html

We, our children, and our children's children in the future are all
most grateful.

Bernie Krause

--
Wild Sanctuary