Re: Media Database?

Subject: Re: Media Database?
From: "Kenton Brede" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:03:14 -0600
On 3/26/06, Scott Shepard <> wrote:
>  Hey all,
>
>  I'm working with a project that's collecting audio recordings of stories.
>  Sorry that this isn't exactly the domain of this group (unless you consider
>  humans naturally occurring critters, but that's a different discussion...),
>  but I'd like to tap the experience of the group.
>
>  I'm interested in database software for collection and organization of
> media
>  -- audio files, etc. -- both for archiving and for building a web interface
>  around.
>
>  Please respond offline to   Thanks!

I don't know what operating systems you work with or exactly what you
are looking for but a couple thoughts come to mind.  Some type of
library cataloging software.  There are free programs online.  Most of
the Koha project might be overkill for you.
http://www.koha.org/

The other thing that springs to mind is online music jukebox type
programs which allow you to organize and access music from anywhere.
One I use is Jinzora http://www.jinzora.org/

Both of the above mentioned programs run in a Linux server type
environment.  If that is not your bag, maybe my suggestions will lead
you down a path to search for similar software for your operating
system of choice.
Kent

--
"It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him
 from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important." - Martin Luther King Jr