Re: 1000th member

Subject: Re: 1000th member
From: "wildme_wildme" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:51:57 -0000
--- In  Doug Von Gausig <>
wrote:

> At 06:04 PM 3/22/2006, you wrote:
> >It seems like only yesterday when Doug formed the group. When I
think that
> >this posting will go out to 1000 people I am really impressed.
> >
> >Thank you Doug for the group and thank you Martyn for a great job
of
> >moderating.
>
> This group succeeds because of it's members. It has been an example
of how
> to conduct a discussion group with passion and intellect and
without the
> "flaming" and divisiveness that characterizes so many others.
> Congratulations to all the recordists who keep this group alive,
productive
> and engaging! I'm proud to have brought you all together, and proud
to have
> two great moderators in Martyn and Jim!
>
> Doug

When i gave a few details (New Member) about myself a few days back i
said that i started with a pabolic i got in the US and a minidisk. I
found my old receipt, and i got the Telinga Parabolic from Doug, and
it was from this site i read what minidisk recorder i needed. Very
glad to be a member of this group now. Wow, 1000 members and growing.
If you only new the fun i had and the many hundreds of hours i spent
with this Parabolic pointed at some of Mother Natures creations. Now
to learn the big words that are spoken here and file making etc;
Thank you very much Doug for this great group.