Re: Listening to Nature from Indoors

Subject: Re: Listening to Nature from Indoors
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:17:33 -0600
Thanks for the thorough and interesting report,
Jerry. I'm sure others will be apply many of the
tips you provide.

The low frequency, interior sounds from your
house can probably be reduced substantially by
inserting a waterproof cushion or pad between the
house and the mic. "Float" the mic housing so
there's little or no direct contact with anything
that is screwed or otherwise attached to the
wall-- 1/4" in thickness should do it.  Great
that the EZB/O mics are taking the weather well.
How far apart are they? Can you locate distant
sound events in their stereo image? Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Film Department