Nature Recordists] PrimoCorp DIY (was Em23's on phantom

Subject: Nature Recordists] PrimoCorp DIY (was Em23's on phantom
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:32:11 -0600
Considering Dan's report about the "new" EM23's output being higher
than Shure 183's, this is getting very interesting. Here's a picture
of Klas'  small mount, I believe:
http://www.telinga.com/gallery/omnidirectional_microphones.htm

It is extraordinary generous of you, Klas, to share this information!
In the past, you mentioned the PrimoCorp EM100 which has the FET-IC.
PrimoCorp also makes an "EM23"-- which capsule would you recommend
folks start looking into for~13dBA self noise noise performance? (I
can also understand you needing to keep some info under your cap for
financial reasons.)

I've made an Eudora mailbox of "primo" matches from the MicBuilders
list I can email interested folks. Build-ups of the Transound 165A
capsules have also provided ~16dBA performance if I recall correctly.
Rob D.

  =3D =3D =3D