MP2 Found! I am off to Africa

Subject: MP2 Found! I am off to Africa
From: "Danny Meltzer" <>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 03:38:03 -0000
Well, after some pretty relentless posting on taperssection.com and
datheads...Brain Dasilva generously caved in and agreed to sell me his
MP2.  Many thanks.

So I am off to South Africa next week for 2 months.  5 weeks of living
on a reserve near all sorts of animals and very little electricity. I
am taking solar chargers for my army of AAs.

My kit will be:

VP88 with Shure and Rycote suspensions
Fostex FR2
2 Shure WL183s on my stealthy headband through Sound Professionals preamp
Sound Devices MP2 for MS monitoring and to amplify the VP88

Seems like I am all set.  I will be sure to post my experiences and
some files of what I record when I return.  If anyone has any animal
sound requests let me know and I will see what I can do;)

Thanks all for recommendations [WL183s for example].  Hopefully it
will all work out well!

Danny Meltzer