Re: downloading tracks to Marantz PMD660

Subject: Re: downloading tracks to Marantz PMD660
From: "oryoki2000" <>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 02:33:04 -0000
My reading of the PMD660 manual makes me think
you have to use the following settings:

The folder containing the files to be played back
must be named MPGLANG1 in the root directory of
the Compactflash card.  For example if your CF card
shows up as drive G when you insert it into your PC's
CF reader, the folder would be G:\MPGLANG1

Files to be played back must be named aaaaa001.MP3 up
to aaaaa999.MP3 (or aaaaa001.WAV, depending on the
file type).

"aaaaa" is the machine ID, the default ID is MZ000
Change the machine ID via the MENU/STORE EDIT button.

Note that if you make recordings in the field, they
will be placed in the MPGLANG1 folder, too.=20

Let us know if this helps resolve the problem.

--oryoki