Train recorded with iRiver iHP140

Subject: Train recorded with iRiver iHP140
From: "Julius Thyssen" <>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:29:52 -0000
--- In  Curt Olson <> wrote:

> Nice sample. How do you deploy your ATs?

Thanks. In this case I had them clipped on either sides
of a small bag that was sitting on the saddle of my bicycle,
which stood against a tree, so that the mics were
separated by the tree-tame (or tribe).
They have omnidirectional pick-up fields, so one needs to
play with that a little, in order to make ears out of them. ;-)

Small problem here was the place my bicycle was at,
which was on top of a dike-like hill. This 'dike'
is there to protect the city from train-noises I guess.
But every small breeze goes up the hill and in the mic, of course..
They already had tiny windscreens on, but still not enough.

Also, note that the 'noise' in this sample isn't noise,
it's water-sprinklers on the grass-field of the Westerpark
placed in the rear of where I pointed the mics.
(It was summer when I recorded this, hence the cool insect sound
and the sprinklers).

In this particular sample the Central Station is about three
thousand meters to the right, so this train is slowing down.

--
Julius