Audition problem. Advice? switching from Dat-in to Edirol R-1-in t=

Subject: Audition problem. Advice? switching from Dat-in to Edirol R-1-in t=
From: "Richard Lyttle" <>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 19:12:21 -0500
o Audition.

Folks, I could really appreciate a few posts, replys on what my problem mig=
ht be when I try to switch ( going back and forth ) in my PC from my DAT de=
ck in to Adobe Audition over to my new recorder, the Edirol R-1 flash recor=
der so I can record screams, calls.  I'm frustrated! but not suicidal. What=
 am I doing wrong?

Right now, I'm only able to have my Edirol R-1 recognized by Adobe Audition=
 recording from Windows Media Player. That took me two months to get there!

For years I was doing only Dat in ( through an Echo Audio Digital interface=
 ) and then to playing, being recognized in Adobe Audition, recording no pr=
oblem. Not too many problems there but still challenged me bigtime.

Quick Caveat: The longer I stay on this list ( 3 yrs! ), the more humbler I=
 become, -really!=20

I'm dumber than most on editing software, creating sound files, and on Wind=
ows set up, communication. But I do get quite unusual night time animal, bi=
rd screams with good equipment. I'm getting amazing Barred Owl -street toug=
h challenge screams, red fox complaining, wailing, Bobcat calling for mates=
, etc here in the Maryland area.

Right now it appears Audition 1.1 sees the Dat signal ( you can see it in M=
onitor Recording setting ) ( trying to go back from the Edirol successful s=
ettings ) but it aint taking when I go to record, blank recording. !! Echo =
Audio Digital interface seems to recognize the signal from the Dat, I think=
 as it goes to Audition.

clue: I just, in the last week, figured out to have the Edirol R-1 recogniz=
ed by audition ( switching all sorts of settings away from the dat in setti=
ngs) and ever since, the Dat in thru Echo Audio when trying to go back to i=
t is not happening, not recording in Audition.

It's got to be easy, a setting or two, something but I cant see it, right?.=
 Is it obvious?

I'll tell a recording story for thanks, or better, ( for the group ) not te=
ll it! Thank you. Just had a black bear walk up to within 80 feet of me cru=
nching thru the snow at night this December, that was cool.

Humbly submitted by Rip Lyttle, from stress free DC area, Takoma Park, MD. =
301.526.6086-cell. if its faster to call. sorry to bother. Thank you.

have some great areas i'm going to this spring to record: Potomac Highlands=
, Delaware swamps, South Mountain, south central PA.