Re: Re: iPod for recording in field

Subject: Re: Re: iPod for recording in field
From: Roy Beckham <>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:02:22 -0800
robbingheesling wrote:

> Hi Roy,
>
> I don't know much about iPod Linux but to record the Apple way, we
> have to wait for a
> third party device to awaken the feature. A prototype was at CES.

I was there at MacWorld and saw the prototype. They estimate a release
in April.

> I was given an iPod video as a gift but I'm wondering about the new,
> smaller Marantz. We'll
> see how it works!

If you do hang onto the iPod and get one of the recording inputs, let us
know how good the recording is. A sample out of the ipod would be
great.  Obviously the Marantz CF recorder would be superior to the ipod.

In the field it may have an advantage of being used to play sounds to
attract certain birds and then turn around and use it for recording.

-Roy