Re: going mad!!!!!

Subject: Re: going mad!!!!!
From: Chuck B <>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 07:46:58 -0800
Rich Peet wrote:

>I had to uninstall it also and ban it but for the reason that it
>breaks up or just plays poor sound on my computer. It is a program
>that just wont behave on my current machine.  So now I have to drag
>out old machines if I need to play a quicktime movie.

    I had the same problem. I can overcome it by right-clicking the
little speaker icon (aka 'volume'), choosing 'adjust audio properties',
selecting the Audio tab, and changing the Sound Playback Default Device.
Somehow through the ages I have accumulated four choices on this list.
Selecting the one associated with the actual sound card allows Quicktime
to play properly. It's annoying, because as time passes, other programs
grab other 'devices' and I can't make my selection permanent. But, in
case I need Quicktime, this is how I get it to work.

========
Chuck Bragg, Pacific Palisades, CA
Membership, Newsletter, Web manager
Santa Monica Bay Audubon Society