Re: MicroTrack 24/96 ((((PLEASE HELP))))

Subject: Re: MicroTrack 24/96 ((((PLEASE HELP))))
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:19:27 -0800
On 1/27/06, Marc Myers <> wrote:
> I'd like to hear about any bad experiences using phantom powered mikes
> with this unit. Seems to me that Microtrack took an educated risk with
> 30V power. If it doesn't work with most mikes, they will have a lot of
> product in the warehouse. Hard for me to believe that they did not testing.

It's heresay, but the account I heard was that in response to
inquiries about the 30V phantom their reply was, "well, we took it
down to the guitar center and plugged in a bunch of mics and they all
seem to work"... (!)

As people have pointed out "makes some sound" =/= "works to
specification;" several people on RAMPS etc have also gotten
handwashing replies from favorited mic manufacturers as to what to
expect (I think Schoeps for one declined to promise any particular
performance).

If you can get one with a return guarantee to try out in situ in your
kit that would probably best I'd think.

 best regards,
 aaron

--