Re: Re: CF card noise

Subject: Re: Re: CF card noise
From: Lew Proudfoot <>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 16:18:52 -0800 (PST)
Hi, Tony!  I picked the 660 in part because it did use
the CF media, so I could use it with my camera (Nikon
D70S, a great camera!!!), thereby reducing the
logistics of any trip.  I am using Sennheiser ME 66
mike with K6 power.  It works unbelievably well, at
least at my level.  I also use Raven, since I mostly
work with birds (but insects are starting to attract
me, too...).  I have not experienced the noise
problem, but then I personally would expect to have
noise problems at the very top end of an amplifier's
range.  I also get pretty close to the birds I'm
recording, so the sounds are not faint at all.

I plan to get a Telinga parabolic for Christmas.

I haven't posted any recordings, but that's a good
idea - a Christmas project, setting up my website to
handle that, too.