Giving thanks

Subject: Giving thanks
From: "Alison Sheehey" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:50:27 -0800
Hello All,

Here in America, today is Thanksgiving. I wanted to share what I am gratefu=
for today.

I am grateful for Doug and his wonderful website. I am grateful to him for
letting me share his beautiful recordings in my presentations to local
groups. The groups have enjoyed my photographs but with Doug's sounds of th=
animals, they now see and hear the natural world as I do and it has made
them appreciate nature even more.

I am grateful for silence. Living on a ranch, far from the cacophony of
human sounds, I appreciate the little things that make up the silence.

A gentle breeze.
The joyous howl of the coyotes.
The grunt of the raccoon searching for any tasty morsel.
The rush of the creek in spring.
The melodius song of the meadowlark.
The keyeer of the red-tailed hawk.
The crush of footsteps of arriving company.

I am grateful for all of the knowledge of this group and the joy of sound
you share.

May all your days bring you joy.

Ali

Alison Sheehey
P.O. Box 153
Weldon, CA
93283

760-378-2029
Nature Alley - http://natureali.org
Educating the world about Central California's unique biodiversity.=20