Re: ME66/67

Subject: Re: ME66/67
From: "Ken Durling" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:17:12 -0000
Very interesting! Thanks Marty.  It may be a while before I can afford
two  such setups, but you've encouraged me to pursue the idea.   I'm
often trying to capture large flocks of Snow Geese or Sandhills at a
pretty good distance - maybe 1/2 - 1  mile? (a typical scenario that
some may know is from Hwy 161 to the middle of Lower Klamath Lake, and
there are closer refuge roads)  - flocks large enough to cover perhaps
30 degrees of the field of view.  8x42 binocs get maybe 1/10 of the
flock.  How do you think the ME-67 would fare under those
circumstances, keepiong in mind that I would also have along something
like a stereo pair of 183s?=20

Ken

 --- In  Marty Michener <>
wrote:

> At 12:43 AM 11/21/2005, you wrote:
> >Sorry this is probably another oft-dicussed question, but do
> >have experinece with the Sennheiser ME66 vs  ME67 shotgun caps for
> >field recording?  Any comments welcome.   Sennheiser says the long gun
> >is more suitable for instances where the sound source is a long way
> >from the mic, which is the case for me, but I'm wondering if that
> >really is an adavantage for us - if it 's not *too* directional?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Ken
>
> HI Ken:
>
> I used both types for several years, both singly and crossed to make a
> pseudo-stereo setup. Summary:The ME-67 is NOT too directional. The
ME66 is