Re: Microtrack 24/96 evaluation

Subject: Re: Microtrack 24/96 evaluation
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:10:26 +0100
At 19:07 2005-11-20, you wrote:
>Thanks! It occurred to me to test for this when I had the MT in my
>hands,...wish I had. There are quite a few clues pointing what you
>found, except, this may be an inconsistency:  When I compared
>NT1A->Rolls->HiMD to NT1A->MP2->MT (balanced line in), the HiMD
>(using its mic inputs) had noticeably less noise.  Granted that line
>input was better,but not what one would expect.
>
>http://www.uwm.edu/~type/Mic%20Preamps/MicroTrack_NH900_722Comp2_IMA4.mov

I can't play your .mov files.

>Perhaps the wiring in the MT is such that the phantom circuit affects
>the line level amp performance?

Is it possible to have it line in with the phantom power on? Guess it is.
Then I wouldn't be surprised if it is like you say. You can leave the
inputs open, - when you switch the phantom power on and off you always hear
the very typical kind of noise it produce for about a second or so.

Klas.

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01