RE: Playback and Ethics

Subject: RE: Playback and Ethics
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:43:08 -0700
This is an example of what is going on here.
This is a comment just recently and there are many of these believe me, of
why potential subscribers want to join the recordist group.

They all want to use playback in the field, now, is this responsible or not?
How do you tell thousands of people to use playback responsibly in the
field?
Habitat is becoming increasingly diminished and the birds are decreasing in
numbers. There are more gadgets out there than sense, GPS units to locate
what a "life lister" has seen so they can post in on a list serve to tell
others to go out and harass, ATV's to get to the locations, the planet is
becoming smaller, we are becoming larger than life.
I will voice out until the cows come home that this is wrong.....

>>>Comment from user:
I'm interested in learning about which brands of audio equipment are best
for playback and recording of bird songs/calls.

This membership request requires your approval because the naturerecordists
group is restricted, which means you must approve each new member.<<<<

Martyn

Martyn Stewart
Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
http://www.naturesound.org
Redmond. Washington. USA
N47.65543   W121.98428

e-mail: