RE: tour operators

Subject: RE: tour operators
From: "Martyn Stewart" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:30:12 -0700
Paul

It is not my interest as to how much profit a tour operator makes at the end
of the day, I have seen too much damage done to the targeted bird.
They are mostly there to make a quick buck.
Why do you think playback is banned in National parks and around endangered
species?
It was maybe acceptable a few years ago but now there are armies of people
equipped with iPods alike playing the dam songs everywhere.
I have seen birds stressed out because of this and in David Sibley's own
words, there are Bird Watchers and Birders, Bird Watchers care less of the
environment, Birders are Ornithologists, two entirely different people.

I am a conservation chair for the local Audubon society here in Washington,
50% could not give a dam as long as they have their bird on their life
list...

Martyn

Martyn Stewart
Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
http://www.naturesound.org
Redmond. Washington. USA
N47.65543   W121.98428

e-mail: