Newbie questions- minidisc vs. edirol r-1

Subject: Newbie questions- minidisc vs. edirol r-1
From: j r <>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 12:57:02 -0700 (PDT)

 Hello,

I have been reading posts for a while and have a
couple of questions.

I was thinking of getting a mini-disc recorder that
can record the uncompressed wav files, but i need it
be able to offload files to my Mac.

Are there ones that do this?

If such an MD recorder costs about 300, would it not
be better to just get the Edirol r-1 at 400?

Is 24 bit really that much better than 16 bit?

I get that uncompressed is better than compressed, but
what makes for a superior quality of recording other
than skill and mics?

Would i be able to hear that much difference in
quality
between an MD uncompressed recording and one made on
the r-1, or the fostex field recorder?

thanks,

JR

=09=09