Re: RFI M-Audio Micro Track 24/96

Subject: Re: RFI M-Audio Micro Track 24/96
From: Rob Danielson <>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:21:58 -0500
At 3:39 AM +0000 10/11/05, shtankyboy wrote:
>Yet another request for info, and I very much appreciate the time all
>of you take in responding to my questions.  After the pmd660 fiasco,
>I'm very leery of buying something without talking to some serious
>enthusiast or professional who has used whatever I'm considering.
>
>Any feedback on the M-Audio Micro Track 24/96 out there?
>Specifically, how does the thing sound at high gain with a decent
>mic?  The s/n ratio looks pretty impressive in the specs.
>
>thanks again,
>Randy

Yes, many are curious about the MT's mic pre performance with high
gain and the mics that are happy with the quoted 30 volts phantom.
-100dB seems impressive, but assuming -7dB for headroom, the MT TRS
pre input stands to introduce more noise than some of the quieter
mics nature recordists use.  The tapers section forum has hundreds of
MT reports including a list of  "Bug Reports" and recent fixes made
with  v1.1.5 Beta 10/7/05 Firmware Update. http://taperssection.com.
Rob D.