Re: MS imbalance

Subject: Re: MS imbalance
From: "nbioacoustics" <>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 20:43:38 -0000
> One thing to check would be: is the pad switch on the body of the
MKH40 mike
> switched in? That would result in a weaker middle than sides.

On both mics, the switch is set to 'OFF' (i.e. towards the capsule.

> Another thing to confirm: are you sure the MKH40 mid mike is plugged
to input
> 1, and the MKH30 side mike is plugged to input 2 on the 722?

Yes, 40 is going into Mic1, and 30 into Mic2.

I'm wondering if the fact that I have not yet calibrated the sound
level is causing the discrepancy between the mic gains. I am goin to
do that tomorrow, using a Sound Level Meter at 65dB. Do you think this
could be the problem?

Thanks, Natalie :)