Re: Newbie Post & Qs

Subject: Re: Newbie Post & Qs
From: "esandhaus" <>
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 06:28:01 -0000
Hi Chuck,

Thanks so much for the input! I had been looking at the Transit - the
price is definitely right - and the size is great - though the XP
compatibility problems are probably a deal-breaker for me. I have to
admit that I've become very fond of a number of the features in XP. I
will definitely keep the preamp advice in mind....

Estelle

>         Have you considered the M-audio Transit? It's USB 1.1 and
2.0 compatible and runs off the power in the USB line. Specs are
outstanding. The only problem I had with mine was that I never got it
to work with Windows XP and had to reinstall Win 2000. Now it works a
treat. SPDIF optical I/O or miniplug.
>         Costs about $75 street here. No preamps, of course, but IMHO
you're better off with a preamp that is *not* part of the soundcard -
more choices, better isolation, wait for just the right one while you
enjoy the Transit.