RE: Rain Reflective Material

Subject: RE: Rain Reflective Material
From: William Mitchell <>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:47:14 -0700
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is what you are thinking about, but the answer=20
might be furnace filter material, "hogs hair".    You can find this=20
at your local hardware store or home improvement center.
I have used this material with great success in the pouring rain and=20
made believers out of those who laughed at my construction.
A useful mod which increases the effectiveness of the hogs hair is to=20
tape some plastic sheeting under the hogs hair.  By doing this, the=20
water that gets thru your rain shield will pool up and drain off to=20
the side.  This further aids in keeping your microphones dry and=20
gives the water a place to run off.

A tip of the hat to Mark Griswold who shared this trick  with us.

Will