Re: Re: 2GB limit, changing cards

Subject: Re: Re: 2GB limit, changing cards
From: Derek Holzer <>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:13:03 +0200
The limitation is in the file format, AFAIK. You simply cannot create a
WAV file over a certain size, or it will be unreadable. Most HD
recorders handle this by automatically starting a new file once the
size limit is reached, and you can seamlessly splice them later (the
endpoint samples match up).

The other way around the size limit is to use the newer w64 file format,
although I'm not sure how many commercial DAW applications handle it. I
know Ardour does:

http://ardour.org

But it's still a bit rough around the edges.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl