FW: [MOUboardcomm] Owl Symposium in Duluth next March!

Subject: FW: [MOUboardcomm] Owl Symposium in Duluth next March!
From: "Alt, Mark" <>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:02:21 -0500

Mark Alt
Sr. Project Manager
Entertainment Software Supply Chain
Project Resources Group (PRG)
Best Buy Co., Inc.

(W) 612-291-6717
(Cell) 612-803-9085

-----Original Message-----
From:
On Behalf Of Alt, Mark
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 10:16 AM
To: ; ;
; Al Batt; Allison Jensen; Ann Kessen; Anthony
Smith; ; ; Bob Janssen;
; Erica Sitz; ; ;
Jim Mattson; ; Kim Risen; ;
; Peder Svingen; Schroeder, Roger; Shirley Alt 1

There will be a Northern Owl symposium held in Duluth on March 16-18,
2006. Speakers are being lined up from around the world, to participate
in this symposium titled "Owls on the move - When, Where and Why: A
Symposium on Northern Owls".  The event will be hosted by the Hawk Ridge
Bird Observatory and the Natural Resources Research Institute,
University of Minnesota, Duluth. Plans are to kick it off Friday
evening, 3/16/06; have seminars and speakers Saturday, 3/17/05; with
area field trips planned for Sunday, 3/18/06. Minnesota Audubon, the
MOU, the Minnesota DNR, the USDA Forest Service, the Raptor Center, and
Wolf Ridge  Environmental Learning Center all support and are involved
in planning  this event. The plan is to address three components of
Northern Owl irruption: the biological, management, and socio-economic
aspects. I want to get the word out now on this to share my excitement
about it and for birders everywhere to get a chance to plan for it. As
plans firm up and speakers and venues are confirmed, there will be other
announcements shared. Please feel free to share this with other
organizations and people you feel may share an interest in it. If you
wish to be involved, there will be opportunities, I will keep in touch.
Good Birding.

Mark Alt
President,
Minnesota Ornithologists Union