REV 10000 mAh NiMH Battery Pack

Subject: REV 10000 mAh NiMH Battery Pack
From: "Brian Dasilva" <>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 21:50:17 -0700
Now we are talking about batteries and soldering... Where will this stop. I=
this group going to the nerds?

In a word... Yes. (if we are lucky)
 Let's take the name of the group... "Nature Recordists". It obvious that
the 40 or so people that jumped ship are only concerned about the "nature"
part... ("Oh My, We were in the San Pedro river area and there were so many
species... Please go to my website to listen to the fine recordings")
It must be pointed out however that the end of the groups name is
"Recordists". Even for the people that get a head start by attending a
workshop, recording nature is not intuitive and it is not easy. Knowing wha=
you need is not easy. There is going to be a lot of gear talk here. Some of
it very general and some quite specific. That is just the way it has got to
be. No one walks into our hobby and goes to Wal-Mart and buys a recording
kit with instructions. Every need is different... Every location is
different... every budget is different. We are fortunate to have the best o=
the best from our "hobby" right here on this list and our goal is to share
information and learn here.
(You can learn about the nature part in the woods.)
The NT-4 microphone thread was a very relevant topic. It is a fine tool and
there is problems in its operation for our purpose. All the better for the
group if we can get 12db more out it. This battery thread is just as
important.

Lets not worry about who is unhappy with our content and can't figure out
how to advance to the next message or delete what they don't want to read.
My .02$