RE: Help with children

Subject: RE: Help with children
From: David Shepherd <>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 18:09:02 +0200 (CEST)
Dear all

Sorry it has taken me till now to reply but the kids have kept me busy!

Thanks very much for your ideas and help!  I took the kids on a soundwalk a=
nd not surprisingly most of the sounds heard were man made. Even magpies, b=
lackbirds and sparrows were listed as birds.

I played them a dawn chorus recorded here in Austria and found that many of=
 them hadn't heard this before, most of the comments were aimed at me getti=
ng up so early!

I asked the older students whose English is stronger to list five sounds th=
ey heard this morning (not music)  Most of the kids did this pretty easily =
however apart from listing "birds" all were man made.

I was surprised how quickly they did this though, as when I have asked 18 y=
ear old students to do this they have found it extremely difficult.

I'll keep you posted on developments over the coming months if anyone is in=
terested

All the best

David

=09=09