Re: Rolls pb224

Subject: Re: Rolls pb224
From: Curt Olson <>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:21:21 -0500
John Hartog wrote:

> I just received the PB224 I ordered, and now I need to figure out how
> to connect it to my Minidisc. Apparently I will need a special
> adapter: Two XLR (female) to a stereo mini. Any suggestions?

I've done this enough that I now try to avoid soldering stereo minis if
I can. My solution is to start with Radio Shack dubbing cables that
have a stereo mini plug on one end and two RCAs on the other (about
$7.00 US). The cable itself looks like a lamp cord, with two halves
that peel apart. Each has a center conductor and stranded shield. Cut
off the RCA connectors from both and strip back the insulation. Solder
the center conductors to female XLRs, pin 2 and the stranded shields to
pins 1 & 3.

This is how I get my dynamic Beta 58s into the Minidisc input. Should
work the same with the Rolls, I would think.

Curt Olson