The REC PAUSE button

Subject: The REC PAUSE button
From: "Donald Weiser" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:20:50 -0000
I've been reading about the MAN NOISE postings, especially airplanes,
and I have a very basic question.  While I'm recording (Marantz
PMD670) and an airplane flies over (like someone said, about every 2
to 4 minutes), I hit the REC PAUSE until the nosie is gone.  Is there
any way for this to NOT put an audible MARK on my recording?  I
always have to go in and edit out the (many) spots where I had to hit
REC PAUSE.  I edit my recordings anyway but there are so many of these
sonic markers that it's just frustrating to do.  At least I now carry
pen & paper and note where they occurred.  Thanks.
=20