Re: Re: Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge

Subject: Re: Re: Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge
From: Klas Strandberg <>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:40:42 +0200
I cannot explain why, but how I noticed it:

Martyns voice sounded strange. The effect is hard to explain. It's
emotional. "It just isn't right".

I looked at the phase-scope and found that every time Martyn spoke, it
leaned to the left.
Trying to use a little more gain on the right channel, to compensate
-  only resulted into a lower overall gain. One channel tended to partly
cancel the other.

You can imagine this:
Suppose you listen to something with your earphones, connected 180 degrees
out of phase. (+ to - and - to +) Then, one membrane will go inwards to
your eardrum while the other goes outwards. It's unnatural.
Martyns voice was (partly) like that. Why, I can't say. Martyn has to
explain that.

Klas

At 20:37 2005-08-13, you wrote:
>Klas (or Martyn),
>Could you explain a little about what the phase problem was
>originally? Just trying to learn what to watch for.
>
>dave
>

>--- In  Klas Strandberg
><> wrote:
> > MUCH better!
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Klas.
> >
> > At 01:32 2005-08-13, you wrote:
> > >I had not been happy with the vocal narrative microphone sound on the
> > >documentary so I have re-done the narrative, it sounds much
>cleaner. Klas
> > >pointed out to me that there was an annoying phase problem, I have
>now fixed
> > >it.
> > >http://www.naturesound.org/Sound%20Files/ANWR%20June%202005.mp3
> > >
> > >Thank you Klas.