Re: recovering erased MD tracks

Subject: Re: recovering erased MD tracks
From: Aaron Ximm <>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:57:29 -0700 (PDT)
> If you -know- you made an erasure mistake, or get a TOC error, the
> important thing is not to record any more on that disc. In my case I
> didn't know till I transferred the audio, so I lost the beginning of
> the long take by recording over it.

Also, I have a system based on old Sony MD-Data drives that can scan disks
for audio content regardless of TOC and recover data from "erased" or
corrupted disks -- I've been able to recover list members' data that way
in the past. :)

I can't do this on an industrial scale but am always to help, but my
turnaround time can be a bit sorry...!

 best,
 aaron

  http://www.quietamerican.org